Bump Envy: I saw these words on someone else's blog (SORRY! I don't remember who, so can't credit them.) How true these words are! Our Disney trip was 98% wonderful. The other 2% was difficult as I struggled with seeing happy glowing-faced pregnant women. Though not a bump, I also had BIG tugs at my heartstrings when DH was making goo-goo eyes at a baby who was in front of us in line. The baby was SO tiny! (Smaller than I would've brought to Disney... but I won't judge.) And DH was very sweet. :)
This morning as we got ready for school, Emma said, "Mommy, I want a little brother or sister. I don't even care which one. I've never seen you with a big tummy. That would be fun. Why can't we have a brother or sister?" I responded that I would like to have a brother or sister too. I said we'll have to keep praying and maybe God will help put a baby in Mommy's tummy someday. Emma responded, "I hope it's soon!" Sighs...me too, my sweet little girl.
Out of curiosity, I just researched "envy" at Merriam-Webster.com. The dictionary site defines envy as, "painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another, joined with a desire to possess the same advantage." Yes, that sums it up perfectly. I have bump-envy.
11 hours ago