Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Vay-Cay--Mostly Photos Edition Part II

Kicking myself for not taking photos of my parents, my older sister and her beau, or many pics with my younger sister....or pics of us with my friend Shannon and her family....sighs! But here's the rest of my favorites from what was captured on our camera:

Little Emma on the Prairie





We enjoyed our yearly visit to COSI, the amazing hands-on science museum in Columbus, OH. Auntie Laurel went with us.

(Excuse the fat rolls....but this pic was the best of the bunch.) :)


Em enjoyed playing in the "Kid Space" water area




Her water smock makes it look like she's going to Hogwarts. :)








Em thought it was cool to go inside this submarine.




My college friend Michelle hosted a cook-out at her house, where we were able to catch up with many of our friends from Ohio U.

Shannon (Michelle's daughter) and Emma


Molly's son Graham


Kasy with her youngest son, Trace.


Emma enjoyed playing on the Slip-0n-Slide--her first encounter using one.


Me and Michelle ("assigned" roommates at OU, but friends for life!)


Molly and I---pals since freshman year at OU


OU Girls: Sharon, Michelle, Shelly, Me, Molly, Kasy, Randie


I attended the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" movie with my sister Laurel and DH. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!







Emma, DH, and I went to the amazing Ohio Theater with my parents. Located in downtown Columbus, the theater shows old movies on weekends during the summer. Emma was fascinated with the organ player who played before the movie and during intermission. We saw "The Sound of Music." Neat to see one of my favs on the big screen! Pics below are of the gorgeous theater:







Grandpa took Emma to see the organist up close.


Emmaism: in the middle of the movie Emma leaned over, "Is that man STILL in the stage?" regarding the organist whose organ lowered into the stage before the movie started. I had to explain that he has a hallway underneath the stage to get out... too funny!

Fashion Show:
For many years, Emma has enjoyed playing with my parents' neighbors' children. This year she had multiple playdates with their 4-year-old neighbor, Rachel. A highlight of summer was when the girls created tickets and put on a "Fashion Show" for us using the play-clothes from Grandma's basement.

Emma---making pirate clothes look chique.


Rachel's princess attire.


Cracks me up...


Emma's Chinese/pirate/beaded necklace look

Edit: Per her request, I just "show(ed) our vacation pictures" to Emma. She was upset stating, "I. AM. NOT A PIRATE!" Duly noted.


Bring on the pink!


A bit of flair


The girls at the end of the show. :)


Em was excited to bike ride at my parents' house. The training wheels on this bike are a lot higher than those she is used to. With any luck, we'll be taking the training wheels off soon. (Though between high heat and lots of rainy afternoons, we haven't done much bike riding this summer!) (And YES we have a helmet at our house, but didn't have one for this bike at my parents....no bad parenting comments, please!)


Candid of me with my sister Laurel. We had many board-game nights while in Ohio. I <3 board games! :)

We bring our dog with us when we visit my parents. (Boarding large dogs costs nearly $100 a day!) He LOVES the fresh country air and playing with the dogs that belong to my parents' neighbors. Below: Viggo and Emma chillin' in Grandma and Grandpa's living room


We had a great trip!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! I am so glad you were able to get away and to enjoy so many special moments with Emma, your husband, your family, and friends!

Kristin said...

You look LOVELY and your daughter just sparkles. I love her fashion show. Glad y'all had such a great vacation.

And, happy belated blogoversary.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I adore all the pics! I was totally thinking that she looked like she was in her Hogwarts robes when I saw the first pic at the science center...

Are you already gearing up for school? (FL starts in August right?)

Anonymous said...

Your husband looks fat!

Danifred said...

Emma is looking so grown up! Wow! The fashion show is awesome. So glad you've been able to find so much wonderful time with your family.

Jen said...

HI! Thanks for the follow :) Your daughter is so beautiful. The pics are great! I look forward to following you on your journey and wish you the best of luck! Jen

Jen said...

Hi, thanks for the follow! Your pictures are great - they just ooze happiness. I look forward to following you on your journey!

Jen said...

wooooops, thought my first comment didn't post. but i see it did. now you get my well wishes 2x. clearly i'm a newby to this posting and commenting biz :)