Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Day 1

How do I love spring break? Let me count thy ways...

Today I took Em to preschool/daycare because I had some errands to run: I added Reading K-12 to my teaching certification (WOO-HOO!), scheduled professional carpet cleaners appt for Weds, I posed for a new Driver's License photo and renewed my license at the BMV, and I had lunch with an old teacher friend (Sarah---wonderful catching up with you!) I also had some "me time" at the bookstore...and ended up buying the "Twilight Director's Notebook" about how the "Twilight" film was made. Justified purchase because I know many of my students will be interested in the book....and hey, I can drool over Robert Pattinson during break, right? ;)

Then I picked Em up early. We went to the "Garden Center" at a store near her school and purchased some flowers. We spent the afternoon planting flowers in front of our house. Em was SOOOO excited by the whole process. She loved digging holes, loved patting the dirt around the flowers, loved watering, etc. It was great. A few pics are below. :)


The finished product...yellow Marigolds in front of bushes and pretty fuchsia (not sure what type flower) in boxes on porch railing.


My little helper


My fav pic of the day. Boots and gloves are from a few weeks ago at Target. Em LOVES them.

5 comments:

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

You are so sweet. All the comments you leave on my blog lighten my load everyday. Thank you.
And, I love the flowers. I can't wait for some in MN. :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Flowers? Do such things still exist in this ice-bound world? *sigh*

tbonegrl said...

I love it. Em is so cute in the pics.

Give her a big hug and kiss from us. We miss you all so much!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! And those boots and gloves?! Too stinkin' cute.

(Thank you for all of your wonderful comments - I am sorry it has taken me so long to come over and return the favor!)

Carrie27 said...

Another full week for us and spring break will be here.

I have seen all those little garden sets and have thought they are so cute, but they look even cuter on!