Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Vacation Part II

My Mom babysat Emma so DH and I could spend a day
at Ohio University. Neither of us has been there for
9 years.

OU lore says that if you walk across the seal, you
will never graduate. DH and I smiled at each
other, and promptly stood on the seal...degrees were
earned a while ago, so we had nothing to lose. :)

The "College Green" and its beautiful walkways and brick buildings are what set my heart on OU as a high school senior.
Cutler Hall was one of the first buildings at OU.
Shively Hall...the coed dorm where DH and I met.
Self-portrait of us in front of the Botanical Gardens at OU (where we started dating back in '95.)



One night at Grandma & Grandpa's house, Emma saw her first full
rainbow. It turned out to be a double rainbow on one side. Neat!






We were able to have a nice park picnic day with 2 of my college girlfriends and their kiddos. It was great to catch up with the gals!



Em with SER who is 10 days older than Emma.

They play together wonderfully!
Em with TMR, S's older bro.
Em and the R family with baby TEW. Awww.


We had a great time!



1 comment:

Aimee said...

Alana- I enjoyed looking at your blog. It will be a great way for my family to keep up-to-date with your family. -Aimee (your WI. cousin that enjoyed reading you had a COLD re-awakening last winter when visiting Ohio)