Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

The way our schedules work, I will usually be the first one to leave in the morning. DH then takes Emma to school before he goes to work. And I pick Em up when I finish work in the afternoon.

Today, DH traded shifts with someone at work...so he and Em just left. It's her first day of school for K3. My heartstrings are tugging right now. Em is now in the age group where she has to wear uniforms at school. (Polo shirt with khaki or navy skirt/pants/jumper.) Awww....my little one is really growing up.

It was sweet listening to her anxiety this morning: "What if we don't get nap time? What if I don't like my lunch? What if it rains so we can't have recess?" Such a little sweetie. I tried my Mommy-best to remind her that we met the teacher this weekend and went over all of her concerns. I hope she has a great day. I sure do love that little girl of mine.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big my niece keeps getting! She's adorable in her little uniform and rolly-backpack! Good luck with back to school with kids-- I start teacher workdays this week with kids next week, so I'm not far behind (and not much more excited yet). I know it'll be fine once we get into it, but I like to be like the students and resist as long as I can! :) --LaL--

Anonymous said...

Emma,
I loved your big girl look in your new school uniform. Does special baby have a pretty new blue and white stripped dress?
Granmmie El in Ohio

tbonegrl said...

happy belated first day! You looked so grown up, Emma!