Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lemonade Award


I received my first blog award!

Mrs. Gamgee over at Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings honored me with the Lemonade Award which is given to bloggers in recognition of "great attitude or gratitude." Thanks, Mrs. Gamgee, I have enjoyed getting to know you the past few weeks. Your attitude and candidness are what keep me coming back to your blog! :)

I especially appreciate this award, because I try to stay positive and optimistic, but feel so much less "happy" and "upbeat" than I once was. Sometimes I wonder how DH has put up with me all these years...I'm definitely not as easygoing as I used to be. Sadly, the "real world" has gotten in the way of my younger more free-spirited days.

This is a pay-it-forward type of award, where nominees are asked to nominate others.
Here's how it works:
1. Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate blogs that show great attitude or gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.

My nominees:
1. Kristin at Dragondreamer's Lair (Whether it be about politics, infertility, or her family, Kristin expresses herself in a positive way. I appreciate the way she often links to articles or sources to support the things she writes about.)

2. OM at Overeducated Mommy (She inspires me. Though recovering from thyroid cancer and dealing with the death of her sweet Baby E, OM remains positive and optimistic throughout her blog posts.)

3. Becoming a Family of Four (We have a lot in common---degrees in social work, 4 year old daughters, longing to have at least one more child, born in the Midwest, etc. I love her writing because even when she is frustrated and/or doubting herself, Becoming still maintains a humorous and open writing style.)

4. Beautiful Mess at Life Induces Thoughts, Mostly Random (I'm new to her blog in the past month, thanks to ICLW. LOVE the way she comments on other blogs frequently. LOVE the way she has remained optimistic and wonderful despite hardships with her mother and difficult issues she is still coping with from her childhood.)

5. Marie at My Expected End (Woo-hoo for Florida teachers! Seriously though, I truly admire Marie's faith. Despite the death of her sweet baby girl, she remains a strong and steadfast Christian.)

Thanks again, Mrs. Gamgee! :)

4 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Awwww thank you SO much! You're so sweet!

Kristin said...

Thank you so much sweetie.

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

Thank you so much. I certainly don't feel positive most days - like you said, the real world kind of gets in the way. Thank you so much for consistently commenting on my blog.

Marie W said...

Alana, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! The feeling is mutual.